Monday, November 14, 2011

Diabetic...WhAt?!?!?

Well, I had my fasting glucose test done and it came back at 151...should be less than 140 so I had to go back for a 3 hour glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. I did the test this past Saturday (got up and was at the lab at 0630 in the AM since we had an appt with a builder at 10). I sat by myself in a corner with my computer for 3 hours. I had 4 blood draws in that time- just praying that my blood sugar would go down!
I called the doctors office today-anxiously awaiting to hear my results- I AM NOT A DIABETIC!!! BUT....the funny thing is- I actually have LOW blood sugar and was told I needed to eat 6 meals a day, blah blah blah. I do wake up sometimes in the middle of the night (to pee) and I don't feel well...that is probably because my sugar is in the 50's! Crazy how I go from thinking I am a diabetic to having low blood sugar in just a matter of 2 days :)
With my first blood test they also found out that I am anemic...again. This happened with Emilee so I just need to add iron to my daily supplements.
We placed a bid on a piece of land this past Thursday- fingers crossed that we get the lot we want. It is in Eldridge- not far away from where we are now but it would have better schools for the kids.
We met with a builder this Saturday and went through a house he had built several years ago and that we liked the plan...it is so much better for me to see it in person than to see it on paper (I am a visual person). There are several changes that Marc and I would do but nothing too extravagant. We are excited to start this new chapter.
On Saturday Marc also rented a storage shed and filled it up with some of our things that have been in the basement- we are de-cluttering. He has also been working hard so that we can get our home on the market by the end of the month...things are moving crazy fast but all very exciting!!!
Forgot to mention that Grandma Betsy had several days off so she came down to spend some time with us (actually Emilee) and I know they enjoyed their time together. Emilee got to stay home with Grandma rather than going to daycare-wahoo :)Hunter is always spoiled when company comes- he got to ride home with Grandma and give us a little break- it is nice but we also miss him. Emilee looks for him every morning and night and talks/asks about him all the time (never thought it would affect her as much as it has).

Only 1 picture to update...

Emilee was asking for dad so I told her to wait by the door!!!



Baby is doing well and kicking like CRAZY!!!
XO

No comments: