Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sleepin' on the floor

As you know we have transitioned Emilee to a big girl bed- she did great the first few nights and nap times...it has become more difficult to get her to bed these days. Today during nap time she fought me for a good 1.5 hours and finally I just shut the door and let her cry. I couldn't see her in our monitor so I figured she ended up sleeping behind her door. I had to go and wake her up from her nap and I wanted to quick take a picture right when I walked in just to see where she was.....

-laying right by her heater.
When trying to put her to bed tonight- I didn't fight her as long but she is not in the monitor so she is either behind the door or by her heater! I hate to go in and see where she is at but we always go in and check on her before we go to bed so then we will just pick her up and put her in bed at that time! Hope this struggle ends soon!!!

Everyone is into this Pinterest website so I have been looking around and Amanda had shown me an art picture that would be fun to do with the kids. Since I had today off and it was just bitter cold- I brought out the paint! MESSY! I let Emilee paint with her hands for her first project and then we cleaned up and then it was time for mommy to get Emilee's feet dirty with paint. We painted little feet ghosts on a black sheet of paper. I think it turned out cute! Emilee loves the feel of the paint on her hands and feet. Needless to say- we hopped in the shower after the "Ghosts of Emilee" were made!

1 comment:

The Virnig Family said...

We still find Brynna on the floor some nights! I wish I had taken pictures of some of the silly places we've found her, it's be quite the album! One time I found her standing up with just her head on the bed! :) We made some ghost prints a few weeks ago too, Brynna loved it! And if you do starting Pinterest, be warned it's very addicting!!