Sunday, September 20, 2009

A long time

Has it really been over 3 months since I have updated the blog?! I can't believe it. The time just seems to fly by. There has been a lot going on with our family since the last time we made a post.
For starters-For Marc's birthday he got a brand new Ford F-150 black Lariat. He is definitely spoiled. There was a deal breaker....in order for Marc to get a truck, I had to be pregnant. I gave in and he got his truck even though we weren't "pregnant" (at least that it what we thought)!!!Marc and I found out June 18th that we are going to be parents! We couldn't be more excited! We have been wanting this for quite sometime and the good Lord has blessed us. Even though we have known since the middle of June we didn't tell anyone until we were 12 weeks along. It was very difficult not telling anyone the news because we were so excited. We have had two ultrasounds since finding out and the first one the baby looked like a little gerbil (at 9 weeks) and then at the 12 week ultrasound the baby actually looked like a baby! It is amazing how much it changes in such a short period of time. We are trying not to go too crazy on buying stuff just yet for the little one. We will find out in a few short weeks if we will be blessed with a baby girl or boy. We will definitely keep you all updated. We are due Feb. 21, 2010. (I will try my best not to make it another three months)!!!!

Another exciting thing since the last time I wrote was that our good friends, Shannon and Troy welcomed their handsome little boy, Drew. He certainly is a cutie!
Marc and I also took a long weekend trip to St. Louis. I have wanted to go there for sometime now because it is only 4 hours away. We had an enjoyable weekend there. We went with absolutely no plans...worked out well. We went to the Zoo and did a lot of walking!




We ventured over to Eric and Amanda's for a night of fun so that we could see our friends, Bob and Danielle, who were home for a short time from the Netherlands & our friends, Mary and Virno were there as well...what a plus to see everyone! We then went to a wedding in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and we had a good time. We made it to the wedding just as the bride was getting "fluffed" to walk down the aisle.
For Labor day weekend, we had our friends, Jason, Jessica, Hayden, Kaitlyn and their dog Max stay with us. It was nice to see the family. We didn't have to much planned but it was nice to just hand out with a good set of friends.
Lastly, but certainly not least was celebrating my sister's and nephew's birthdays. We went to a roller skating rink for Kayden's party and it was a site to see (Marc and I haven't been on roller skates for probably over 15 years)! It was nice to be able to push a wheelchair around (something for stability).



I will be going to Salt Lake City in about 2 weeks for a "Cousin's only" weekend. There are only 5 of us girls from my mother's side of the family and so we will all be able to enjoy each other's company for 4 days. A nice little get away.
Well, I guess I have tried to sum of the last three eventful months in such a short blip. Love and Miss X0X0X0

2 comments:

Thomas Family said...

We are SOOOOOO happy for your two!! You definitely need to call me when you're in SLC because I'm going to visit my mom for awhile in Utah and I only live 45 minutes away from Salt Lake. Call me for sure! CONGRATS again.

Alicia said...

I can't wait to meet Baby Odegaard! I didn't know that Marc got a new truck! You'll have to start working on baby #2 so you can get a new car! I can't believe how big Kayden is! Everyone looks great :0)